Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Les Miserables: Excitement yet drawbacks & CAST REVIEW: ALL the review in obsession...

So in history today, we had a brief discussion on the musical rendition of Les Miserables that is coming out in December of 2012. Because I am one of the biggest Hugh Jackman/Les Mis fans of all time, I'm giving an expected review.

Overall: This better blow my effing socks off. The 1998 non-musical rendition of Les Mis featuring Liam Neeson (who I'm not a huge fan of) as Jean Val Jean was pretty damn good for not having the amazing music written by Andrew Lloyd Webber. So this... I genuinely have Oscar award winning expectations for this movie. I kid you not. Many, (aside from the Avengers of course, but that's a totally different genre and Pitch Perfect which was just funny) many many many movies this year have been a total flop and disappointment to me this year. I have HIGH expectations, especially because of the cast, here is how I feel about them:

Hugh Jackman -- Jean Val Jean: HOLY. SH**. I can't explain my excitement. Hugh Jackman is one of my favorite triple threats in not only the film industry, but also the theater industry. He can play anyone and prove his value as an actor in any role he is given... and shocker... when he acts, I see the CHARACTER, not Hugh Jackman (K.Stew, take notes!) He was not only the epitome of perfect wolverines in the X-men movies (as a comic book reader, he was perfect. No argument necessary) but he was also a freaking awesome Curly in the London stage production of "Oklahoma!" So yeah. Excellent choice film industry.

Anne Hathaway - Fantine: HOLY. SH** PART 2: I am not the biggest Anne Fan. I'm really not. When she acts, I see HER, not her character. But after seeing her pure, raw, heart wrenching emotion, and LISTENING to possibly one of the most beautiful renditions of "I dreamed a dream" I can officially say that I am freaking excited as all get out to see her performance as the contrite, broken-hearted, ever-sacrficing Fantine. THAT BEING SAID: Anne, I have high expectations for you, I am not going to take it easy on you. You better bring tears to my tear-ductless eyes.

Amanda Seyfried -- I think there is someone better out there to play Cosette. Yeah. I think she's over rated, The only part she's ever played that I thought was funny was Karen Smith in Mean Girls. But that's about it. I think she's okay, but in a movie THIS powerful, they needed someone a little less... "cute" and a little more... er... talented. Sorry Amanda, you're cute and I love you, but there's got to be someone better. I will however, have a WHOLE NEW level of respect for her if she kicks a** in her role as Cosette.

Russel Crowe-- Javert: Russel Crowe. High high high high high expectations. Will destroy him if he blows this. Nuff' said.

Samantha Barks - Eponine --> Yeah I actually have no idea who this is. All I have to say, is that she has big a** shoes to fill, and if she doesn't... I'm going to hunt her down and demand a refilm.

Helena Bonham Carter as Madame Thenardier: YAY. I have no doubts she is going to nail this. Helena is fricking crazy face but this isn't a Tim Burton film (respect) so I think she's really going to branch out into awesomeness in this role. Helena, don't let me down and make me look like an idiot girl! 

And that beautiful little child Isabelle Allen, playing little Cosette: Better bring f***ing tears. She's freaking adorable in appearance. "Castle on a Cloud" better make me weep. Break a Leg little one! 

So yeah. That's how that is going down. I better be morbidly impressed or someone is going to get angry phone calls from me. Then I will go through the phone like the girl on the ring in a tv (terrible movie btdubs) and kill them and suck their souls. Then go in my well and cry. So yeah. Don't disappoint me Hollywood. Or sh**... will go the eff down.

Stay Classy, GO SEE THIS EFFING MOVIE.
J.Ellen




No comments:

Post a Comment